Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Fallen behind on my blogging duties

Epic Beer, "Hoppy Easter" April 3, 2010
via Flickr, CC BY 2.0
The red and brown ale were both a hit at our family Easter get together.  The Oktoberfest/Märzen has been lagering in the fridge for 3 weeks.  I may pull a couple bottles to take down to Houston on May 21.  I put both the Yuengling Clones (Lager and Porter) in kegs as secondary fermenters on Saturday (April 30). The samples I pulled for the FG test were both spot on and tasted amazing.  With a little maturity I think they will be excellent.  I might even try natural carbonation on these.

Thats the major news.  I still have yet to make the Greenbelt Pale Ale or Poor Richard’s Ale they were very delayed in shipping.  Hopefully I can find a day this week to stay home and brew some beer.

No comments: