Sunday, April 3, 2011

Red Ale & Oktoberfest Update and Bottles

I racked my red ale to the the secondary fermenter on Saturday.  Should be ready to put in the keg next weekend if everything settles out well.  I also cleaned up my first batch of recovered bottles from friends and family this weekend.  Keep them coming and I keep filling them with homebrew.

I pulled in my Oktoberfest for a diacetyl rest should be ready to move into a secondary fermenter on Tuesday or Wednesday.  I think I'll try something new with this one and use a spare Corney keg for lagering then just chill it and force carb in the same keg.

I'm thinking about using this procedure for all my Ales and Lagers from now on.  It removed one chance for contamination and should make the process a little easier.



No comments: